Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Norfolk Southern Corporation ( NSC) pushed the Transportation industry higher today making it today's featured transportation winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.7%. By the end of trading, Norfolk Southern Corporation rose $1.23 (1.4%) to $88.99 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 2,696,865 shares of Norfolk Southern Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,591,100 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $87.61-$89.88 after having opened the day at $87.78 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $87.76. Other companies within the Transportation industry that increased today were: Sino-Global Shipping America ( SINO), up 7.0%, Roadrunner Transportation Systems ( RRTS), up 3.5%, Box Ships ( TEU), up 3.4% and Golar LNG ( GLNG), up 2.5%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Norfolk Southern Corporation Ratings Report.
- Use our transportation section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.