Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. CarMax ( KMX) pushed the Specialty Retail industry higher today making it today's featured specialty retail winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.2%. By the end of trading, CarMax rose $0.53 (1.2%) to $45.19 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 2,445,497 shares of CarMax exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,513,300 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $44.68-$45.31 after having opened the day at $44.78 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $44.66. Other companies within the Specialty Retail industry that increased today were: Sport Chalet ( SPCHB), up 13.3%, Mecox Lane ( MCOX), up 7.5%, Office Depot ( ODP), up 3.4% and Signet Jewelers ( SIG), up 3.2%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full CarMax Ratings Report.
- Use our specialty retail section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.