Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Corning ( GLW) pushed the Electronics industry higher today making it today's featured electronics winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.3%. By the end of trading, Corning rose $0.26 (1.4%) to $18.77 on average volume. Throughout the day, 11,354,803 shares of Corning exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 12,471,200 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $18.53-$18.81 after having opened the day at $18.59 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $18.51. Other companies within the Electronics industry that increased today were: Vimicro International Corporation ( VIMC), up 26.2%, Giga-tronics ( GIGA), up 19.8%, Maxwell Technologies ( MXWL), up 11.7% and Aetrium Incorporated ( ATRM), up 11.3%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Corning Ratings Report.
- Use our electronics section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.