Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Biogen Idec ( BIIB) pushed the Drugs industry higher today making it today's featured drugs winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.6%. By the end of trading, Biogen Idec rose $3.48 (1.2%) to $297.48 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1,391,804 shares of Biogen Idec exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,252,300 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $293.19-$298.98 after having opened the day at $293.60 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $294.00. Other companies within the Drugs industry that increased today were: Stemline Therapeutics ( STML), up 39.5%, ImmunoCellular Therapeutics ( IMUC), up 18.9%, Idenix Pharmaceuticals ( IDIX), up 17.1% and Bacterin International Holdings ( BONE), up 16.9%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Biogen Idec Ratings Report.
- Use our drugs section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.