Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. SunTrust Banks ( STI) pushed the Banking industry higher today making it today's featured banking winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.1%. By the end of trading, SunTrust Banks rose $1.33 (3.5%) to $39.34 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 8,409,833 shares of SunTrust Banks exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3,556,600 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $38.74-$40.00 after having opened the day at $39.49 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $38.01. Other companies within the Banking industry that increased today were: OptimumBank Holdings ( OPHC), up 8.4%, Credit Suisse ( DGAZ), up 5.2%, Southside ( SBSI), up 5.0% and First United ( FUNC), up 4.1%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full SunTrust Banks Ratings Report.
- Use our banking section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.