Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Wal-Mart Stores ( WMT) pushed the Retail industry lower today making it today's featured Retail laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.6%. By the end of trading, Wal-Mart Stores fell $0.90 (-1.2%) to $76.76 on average volume. Throughout the day, 7,174,101 shares of Wal-Mart Stores exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 5,706,800 shares. The stock ranged in price between $76.35-$77.47 after having opened the day at $77.39 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $77.66. Other companies within the Retail industry that declined today were: Best Buy ( BBY), down 28.6%, Fairway Group Holdings Corp Class A ( FWM), down 6.1%, RadioShack ( RSH), down 5.1% and Big Lots ( BIG), down 5.0%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Wal-Mart Stores Ratings Report.
- Use our retail section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.