Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. SINA Corporation ( SINA) pushed the Internet industry lower today making it today's featured Internet laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.2%. By the end of trading, SINA Corporation fell $4.02 (-4.8%) to $80.58 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 5,173,198 shares of SINA Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2,736,100 shares. The stock ranged in price between $80.26-$83.34 after having opened the day at $82.83 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $84.60. Other companies within the Internet industry that declined today were: Geeknet ( GKNT), down 4.6%, Move ( MOVE), down 2.5%, ChinaNet Online Holdings ( CNET), down 2.5% and TheStreet ( TST), down 2.2%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full SINA Corporation Ratings Report.
- Use our internet section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.