Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Applied Materials ( AMAT) pushed the Electronics industry lower today making it today's featured Electronics laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.3%. By the end of trading, Applied Materials fell $0.30 (-1.7%) to $17.63 on light volume. Throughout the day, 6,868,527 shares of Applied Materials exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 10,056,200 shares. The stock ranged in price between $17.61-$17.88 after having opened the day at $17.87 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $17.93. Other companies within the Electronics industry that declined today were: Control4 ( CTRL), down 9.6%, Tessera Technologies ( TSRA), down 8.4%, Tel Instrument Electronics Corporation ( TIK), down 7.2% and RF Industries ( RFIL), down 6.6%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Applied Materials Ratings Report.
- Use our electronics section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.