Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. PPG Industries ( PPG) pushed the Chemicals industry lower today making it today's featured Chemicals laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.3%. By the end of trading, PPG Industries fell $3.03 (-1.6%) to $187.67 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 1,645,516 shares of PPG Industries exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 746,600 shares. The stock ranged in price between $182.57-$189.89 after having opened the day at $182.57 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $190.70. Other companies within the Chemicals industry that declined today were: Amyris ( AMRS), down 7.6%, H.B. Fuller Company ( FUL), down 3.3%, BioFuel Energy Corporation ( BIOF), down 2.7% and Flexible Solutions International ( FSI), down 2.5%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full PPG Industries Ratings Report.
- Use our chemicals section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.