Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Exelon ( EXC) pushed the Utilities sector higher today making it today's featured utilities winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.3%. By the end of trading, Exelon rose $0.64 (2.4%) to $27.41 on light volume. Throughout the day, 5,234,703 shares of Exelon exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 8,359,300 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $26.81-$27.44 after having opened the day at $26.87 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $26.77. Other companies within the Utilities sector that increased today were: U.S. Geothermal ( HTM), up 5.8%, TransAlta Corporation ( TAC), up 3.2%, ONEOK ( OKE), up 2.6% and FirstEnergy ( FE), up 2.6%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Exelon Ratings Report.
- Use our utilities section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.