Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Trinity Industries ( TRN) pushed the Transportation industry higher today making it today's featured transportation winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.5%. By the end of trading, Trinity Industries rose $1.21 (2.1%) to $57.88 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1,705,288 shares of Trinity Industries exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,338,700 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $57.29-$58.44 after having opened the day at $57.36 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $56.67. Other companies within the Transportation industry that increased today were: YRC Worldwide ( YRCW), up 21.1%, Nordic American Tankers ( NAT), up 10.8%, GasLog ( GLOG), up 9.3% and Navios Maritime Acquisition ( NNA), up 6.6%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Trinity Industries Ratings Report.
- Use our transportation section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.