Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Valeant Pharmaceuticals International ( VRX) pushed the Health Care sector higher today making it today's featured health care winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.8%. By the end of trading, Valeant Pharmaceuticals International rose $3.84 (2.9%) to $137.34 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1,538,476 shares of Valeant Pharmaceuticals International exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,213,400 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $132.03-$137.34 after having opened the day at $133.65 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $133.50. Other companies within the Health Care sector that increased today were: Sarepta Therapeutics ( SRPT), up 40.1%, Delcath Systems ( DCTH), up 31.0%, Codexis ( CDXS), up 26.5% and Prosensa Holding N.V ( RNA), up 24.4%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Valeant Pharmaceuticals International Ratings Report.
- Use our health care section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.