Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Altria Group ( MO) pushed the Consumer Goods sector higher today making it today's featured consumer goods winner. The sector as a whole was unchanged today. By the end of trading, Altria Group rose $0.40 (1.1%) to $37.30 on average volume. Throughout the day, 6,265,778 shares of Altria Group exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 7,955,400 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $36.82-$37.33 after having opened the day at $36.84 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $36.90. Other companies within the Consumer Goods sector that increased today were: Helen of Troy ( HELE), up 9.3%, Amira Nature Foods ( ANFI), up 8.3%, Zuoan Fashion ( ZA), up 7.4% and Appliance Recycling Centers Of America ( ARCI), up 5.3%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Altria Group Ratings Report.
- Use our consumer goods section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.