- APA has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $219.5 million.
- APA has traded 86,273 shares today.
- APA is trading at 9.99 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- APA crossed below its 200-day simple moving average.
'Roof Leaker' stocks are worth watching because trading stocks that begin to experience a breakdown can lead to potentially massive losses. Once psychological and technical resistance barriers like the 200-day moving average are breached on higher than normal relative volume, the stock may then be subject to emotional selling from investors that can continue to drive the stock lower. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with weakness and volume it can indicate the start of a new, potentially dangerous, trend. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in APA with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for APA NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on APA: Apache Corporation, an independent energy company, explores for, develops, and produces natural gas, crude oil, and natural gas liquids. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0.9%. APA has a PE ratio of 12.6. Currently there are 12 analysts that rate Apache Corporation a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 9 rate it a hold. The average volume for Apache Corporation has been 2.4 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Apache has a market cap of $33.7 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and energy industry. The stock has a beta of 1.83 and a short float of 1.6% with 2.34 days to cover. Shares are down 0.3% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Apache Corporation as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, reasonable valuation levels, expanding profit margins, good cash flow from operations and increase in net income. Although the company may harbor some minor weaknesses, we feel they are unlikely to have a significant impact on results. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 5.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 6.5%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The gross profit margin for APACHE CORP is rather high; currently it is at 56.25%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 6.94% is above that of the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $1,978.00 million or 21.87% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of 2.81%.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry. The net income increased by 70.0% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $180.00 million to $306.00 million.
- You can view the full Apache Corporation Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.