As cities across the country look for ways to leverage new technologies and applications, the City of Charlotte, N.C. is working with Motorola Solutions Inc. (NYSE: MSI) to keep its network evolving. Motorola’s Migration Assurance Program (MAP) helps customers establish and implement a multi-year strategic technology plan with a predictable annual payment structure. A National Association of Counties survey shows 90 percent of mission-critical agencies are not well prepared to implement their technology visions. Charlotte officials will utilize MAP to keep their ASTRO® P25 network software and hardware refreshed as well as implement technology enhancements over the coming years, helping to ensure their first responders are always equipped with the best technology needed to meet public safety communications demands. By simplifying ongoing system maintenance and future upgrades to the City of Charlotte Radio Advanced Digital Interoperable (R.A.D.I.O.) ASTRO P25 regional network, Charlotte officials will be able to focus more attention on their mission, and less time on the technology that helps them carry it out. KEY FACTS
- MAP provides a customized plan based on the goals and needs of the Charlotte-Mecklenburg network in a predictable and budgeted manner.
- MAP gives customers the flexibility to modify their existing networks over a period of years, allowing them to adjust to changes in business priorities, technologies, standards requirements and the political environment.
- MAP allows customers to operate, upgrade, migrate and expand their systems over time while continuously planning for long-term, controlled network migration costs.
- The City of Charlotte R.A.D.I.O. Network is a regional ASTRO P25 System that supports multiple counties and municipalities in the Urban Area Security Initiative region. The system consists of numerous simulcast cells, remote sites and dispatch positions with thousands of radio users.
- The Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department has more than 1,700 sworn officers and 500 non-sworn employees protecting more than 800,000 city and county residents.
Marshall Wright, vice president, Motorola Solutions Sales and Service“The leading capabilities of Motorola Solutions’ Migration Assurance Program will provide Charlotte officials with a technology management strategy that helps maintain optimum system performance while ensuring their network continues to evolve.” SUPPORTING RESOURCES Website: Motorola Solutions Global Solutions and Services Website: City of Charlotte Blog: Semper Gumby: Flexibility is Key to P25 Success Facebook: Motorola Solutions Twitter: Motorola Solutions About Motorola Solutions Motorola Solutions is a leading provider of mission-critical communication solutions and services for enterprise and government customers. Through leading-edge innovation and communications technology, it is a global leader that enables its customers to be their best in the moments that matter. Motorola Solutions trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker “MSI.” To learn more, visit www.motorolasolutions.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom or subscribe to our news feed. MOTOROLA, MOTO, MOTOROLA SOLUTIONS and the Stylized M Logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Motorola Trademark Holdings, LLC and are used under license. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. ©2014 Motorola Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.