- WSM has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $64.7 million.
- WSM is down 2.5% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in WSM with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for WSM NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on WSM: Williams-Sonoma, Inc. operates as a multi-channel specialty retailer of home products. It operates in two segments, Direct-to-Customer and Retail. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.2%. WSM has a PE ratio of 58.1. Currently there are 6 analysts that rate Williams-Sonoma a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 13 rate it a hold. The average volume for Williams-Sonoma has been 1.2 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Williams-Sonoma has a market cap of $5.4 billion and is part of the services sector and retail industry. The stock has a beta of 1.25 and a short float of 7.6% with 6.16 days to cover. Shares are down 3% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Williams-Sonoma as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth, notable return on equity and good cash flow from operations. Although the company may harbor some minor weaknesses, we feel they are unlikely to have a significant impact on results. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- WSM's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 7.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 11.3%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- Compared to where it was 12 months ago, this stock has enjoyed a nice rise of 26.95% which was in line with the performance of the S&P 500 Index. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, WSM should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- WILLIAMS-SONOMA INC has improved earnings per share by 18.4% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, WILLIAMS-SONOMA INC increased its bottom line by earning $2.56 versus $2.24 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.83 versus $2.56).
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Specialty Retail industry and the overall market, WILLIAMS-SONOMA INC's return on equity exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 257.81% to $84.61 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, WILLIAMS-SONOMA INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 3.63%.
- You can view the full Williams-Sonoma Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.