Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. PPL ( PPL) pushed the Utilities sector lower today making it today's featured Utilities laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.1%. By the end of trading, PPL fell $0.35 (-1.2%) to $29.69 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 6,257,146 shares of PPL exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3,964,600 shares. The stock ranged in price between $29.68-$30.07 after having opened the day at $30.01 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $30.04. Other companies within the Utilities sector that declined today were: U.S. Geothermal ( HTM), down 6.1%, Centrais Eletricas Brasileiras ( EBR), down 4.0%, GreenHunter Resources ( GRH), down 3.1% and CorEnergy Infrastructure ( CORR), down 3.0%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full PPL Ratings Report.
- Use our utilities section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.