Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Southwest Airlines ( LUV) pushed the Transportation industry lower today making it today's featured Transportation laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day up 2.0%. By the end of trading, Southwest Airlines fell $0.27 (-1.3%) to $21.16 on average volume. Throughout the day, 9,826,633 shares of Southwest Airlines exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 7,049,500 shares. The stock ranged in price between $20.92-$21.98 after having opened the day at $21.95 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $21.43. Other companies within the Transportation industry that declined today were: Guangshen Railway Company ( GSH), down 5.2%, Covenant Transportation Group ( CVTI), down 3.2%, China Metro-Rural Holdings ( CNR), down 3.0% and Dynagas LNG Partners ( DLNG), down 2.3%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Southwest Airlines Ratings Report.
- Use our transportation section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.