Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Gannett ( GCI) pushed the Media industry lower today making it today's featured Media laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.2%. By the end of trading, Gannett fell $1.01 (-3.5%) to $28.27 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 3,960,824 shares of Gannett exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2,605,800 shares. The stock ranged in price between $28.18-$29.35 after having opened the day at $29.27 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $29.28. Other companies within the Media industry that declined today were: Media General ( MEG), down 9.7%, Gray Television ( GTN.A), down 8.4%, Sinclair Broadcast Group ( SBGI), down 6.2% and LIN Media ( LIN), down 6.1%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Gannett Ratings Report.
- Use our media section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.