Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Transocean ( RIG) pushed the Basic Materials sector lower today making it today's featured Basic Materials laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.8%. By the end of trading, Transocean fell $0.78 (-1.6%) to $47.53 on average volume. Throughout the day, 4,877,424 shares of Transocean exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 6,134,400 shares. The stock ranged in price between $47.32-$48.35 after having opened the day at $48.27 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $48.31. Other companies within the Basic Materials sector that declined today were: Kosmos Energy ( KOS), down 8.0%, Forum Energy Technologies ( FET), down 5.7%, PostRock Energy ( PSTR), down 5.6% and USEC ( USU), down 4.9%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Transocean Ratings Report.
- Use our basic materials section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.