Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Extra Space Storage ( EXR) pushed the Real Estate industry higher today making it today's featured real estate winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.5%. By the end of trading, Extra Space Storage rose $0.68 (1.6%) to $44.65 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1,237,960 shares of Extra Space Storage exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 931,100 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $44.35-$44.81 after having opened the day at $44.66 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $43.97. Other companies within the Real Estate industry that increased today were: Blackstone Mortgage ( BXMT), up 10.4%, Altis Resident ( RESI), up 8.3%, BRT Realty ( BRT), up 7.3% and Transcontinental Realty Investors ( TCI), up 7.1%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Extra Space Storage Ratings Report.
- Use our real estate section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.