Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. MeadWestvaco Corporation ( MWV) pushed the Consumer Non-Durables industry higher today making it today's featured consumer non-durables winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.2%. By the end of trading, MeadWestvaco Corporation rose $1.72 (4.8%) to $37.38 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 3,698,104 shares of MeadWestvaco Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,077,500 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $36.73-$37.85 after having opened the day at $37.20 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $35.66. Other companies within the Consumer Non-Durables industry that increased today were: China Shengda Packaging Group ( CPGI), up 10.6%, Tandy Brands Accessories ( TBAC), up 6.4%, Swisher Hygiene ( SWSH), up 5.0% and Oxford Industries ( OXM), up 4.7%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full MeadWestvaco Corporation Ratings Report.
- Use our consumer non-durables section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.