Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. American Axle & Mfg Holdings ( AXL) pushed the Automotive industry higher today making it today's featured automotive winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.4%. By the end of trading, American Axle & Mfg Holdings rose $0.69 (3.4%) to $20.99 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 3,342,300 shares of American Axle & Mfg Holdings exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,372,300 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $19.91-$21.48 after having opened the day at $20.10 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $20.30. Other companies within the Automotive industry that increased today were: Quantum Fuel Systems Technologies Worldwide ( QTWW), up 8.8%, Accuride ( ACW), up 6.4%, Wabash National Corporation ( WNC), up 5.2% and Marine Products Corporation ( MPX), up 2.2%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full American Axle & Mfg Holdings Ratings Report.
- Use our automotive section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.