Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. United Technologies ( UTX) pushed the Aerospace/Defense industry higher today making it today's featured aerospace/defense winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.3%. By the end of trading, United Technologies rose $1.44 (1.3%) to $114.07 on average volume. Throughout the day, 2,271,572 shares of United Technologies exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2,687,900 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $112.55-$114.28 after having opened the day at $112.55 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $112.63. Other companies within the Aerospace/Defense industry that increased today were: Astrotech Corporation ( ASTC), up 19.7%, Frontline ( FRO), up 7.9%, Astronics Corporation ( ATRO), up 3.7% and Sifco Industries ( SIF), up 2.8%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full United Technologies Ratings Report.
- Use our aerospace/defense section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.