Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Trade-Ideas LLC identified Delphi Automotive ( DLPH) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Delphi Automotive as such a stock due to the following factors:
- DLPH has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $105.9 million.
- DLPH has traded 14,977 shares today.
- DLPH is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in DLPH with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for DLPH NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on DLPH: Delphi Automotive PLC, together with its subsidiaries, manufactures vehicle components; and provides electrical and electronic, powertrain, safety, and thermal technology solutions for the automotive and commercial vehicle markets worldwide. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.1%. DLPH has a PE ratio of 18.3. Currently there are 10 analysts that rate Delphi Automotive a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold. The average volume for Delphi Automotive has been 1.8 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Delphi Automotive has a market cap of $18.9 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector and automotive industry. The stock has a beta of 0.70 and a short float of 0.7% with 1.24 days to cover. Shares are up 0.1% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Delphi Automotive as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, growth in earnings per share, solid stock price performance, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 10.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 9.7%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- DELPHI AUTOMOTIVE PLC's earnings per share improvement from the most recent quarter was slightly positive. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past year. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, DELPHI AUTOMOTIVE PLC increased its bottom line by earning $3.32 versus $1.69 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($4.31 versus $3.32).
- Investors have apparently begun to recognize positive factors similar to those we have mentioned in this report, including earnings growth. This has helped drive up the company's shares by a sharp 57.57% over the past year, a rise that has exceeded that of the S&P 500 Index. Looking ahead, the stock's sharp rise over the last year has already helped drive it to a level which is relatively expensive compared to the rest of its industry. We feel, however, that other strengths this company displays justify these higher price levels.
- DLPH's debt-to-equity ratio of 0.88 is somewhat low overall, but it is high when compared to the industry average, implying that the management of the debt levels should be evaluated further. Regardless of the somewhat mixed results with the debt-to-equity ratio, the company's quick ratio of 1.09 is sturdy.
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Auto Components industry and the overall market, DELPHI AUTOMOTIVE PLC's return on equity significantly exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Delphi Automotive Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.