- ADSK has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $135.8 million.
- ADSK has traded 29,429 shares today.
- ADSK is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in ADSK with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for ADSK NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on ADSK: Autodesk, Inc. operates as a design software and services company worldwide. ADSK has a PE ratio of 47.2. Currently there are 7 analysts that rate Autodesk a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 7 rate it a hold. The average volume for Autodesk has been 2.6 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Autodesk has a market cap of $11.6 billion and is part of the technology sector and computer software & services industry. The stock has a beta of 2.00 and a short float of 3.1% with 2.68 days to cover. Shares are up 2.5% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Autodesk as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its increase in net income, revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, solid stock price performance and growth in earnings per share. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Software industry. The net income increased by 95.9% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $29.40 million to $57.60 million.
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 4.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 1.3%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Despite currently having a low debt-to-equity ratio of 0.35, it is higher than that of the industry average, inferring that management of debt levels may need to be evaluated further. Despite the fact that ADSK's debt-to-equity ratio is mixed in its results, the company's quick ratio of 2.49 is high and demonstrates strong liquidity.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 92.30% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 39.29% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Looking ahead, the stock's sharp rise over the last year has already helped drive it to a level which is relatively expensive compared to the rest of its industry. We feel, however, that other strengths this company displays justify these higher price levels.
- AUTODESK INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, AUTODESK INC reported lower earnings of $1.07 versus $1.22 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.61 versus $1.07).
- You can view the full Autodesk Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.