Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Galena Biopharma ( GALE) pushed the Health Care sector lower today making it today's featured Health Care laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day up 1.9%. By the end of trading, Galena Biopharma fell $0.28 (-3.9%) to $6.96 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 15,698,417 shares of Galena Biopharma exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 5,340,100 shares. The stock ranged in price between $6.85-$7.77 after having opened the day at $7.76 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $7.24. Other companies within the Health Care sector that declined today were: Intercept Pharmaceuticals ( ICPT), down 30.0%, Rexahn Pharmaceuticals ( RNN), down 27.5%, IsoRay ( ISR), down 16.3% and Tonix Pharmaceuticals ( TNXP), down 10.8%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Galena Biopharma Ratings Report.
- Use our health care section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.