Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Edison International ( EIX) pushed the Utilities sector higher today making it today's featured utilities winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.5%. By the end of trading, Edison International rose $0.79 (1.7%) to $46.27 on average volume. Throughout the day, 2,750,576 shares of Edison International exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2,080,400 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $45.64-$46.33 after having opened the day at $45.77 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $45.48. Other companies within the Utilities sector that increased today were: Ocean Power Technologies ( OPTT), up 15.8%, U.S. Geothermal ( HTM), up 4.5%, GreenHunter Resources ( GRH), up 4.0% and Centrais Eletricas Brasileiras ( EBR.B), up 3.6%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Edison International Ratings Report.
- Use our utilities section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.