Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. EMC Corporation ( EMC) pushed the Technology sector higher today making it today's featured technology winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 1.8%. By the end of trading, EMC Corporation rose $0.60 (2.4%) to $25.74 on average volume. Throughout the day, 30,123,757 shares of EMC Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 22,609,100 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $25.05-$25.75 after having opened the day at $25.14 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $25.14. Other companies within the Technology sector that increased today were: Control4 ( CTRL), up 37.6%, Echelon Corporation ( ELON), up 35.7%, Lantronix ( LTRX), up 29.2% and Autobytel ( ABTL), up 20.8%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full EMC Corporation Ratings Report.
- Use our technology section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.