Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Stanley Black & Decker ( SWK) pushed the Industrial Goods sector higher today making it today's featured industrial goods winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 1.2%. By the end of trading, Stanley Black & Decker rose $2.05 (2.6%) to $82.20 on average volume. Throughout the day, 2,165,736 shares of Stanley Black & Decker exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,771,300 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $81.21-$82.66 after having opened the day at $81.25 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $80.15. Other companies within the Industrial Goods sector that increased today were: Ocean Power Technologies ( OPTT), up 15.8%, Clean Diesel Technologies ( CDTI), up 15.6%, Adept Technology ( ADEP), up 15.3% and Hydrogenics Corporation ( HYGS), up 14.1%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Stanley Black & Decker Ratings Report.
- Use our industrial goods section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.