Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Icahn ( IEP) pushed the Conglomerates sector higher today making it today's featured conglomerates winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.8%. By the end of trading, Icahn rose $1.19 (1.1%) to $113.61 on light volume. Throughout the day, 249,360 shares of Icahn exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 399,400 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $112.59-$115.19 after having opened the day at $112.59 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $112.42. Other companies within the Conglomerates sector that increased today were: Dex Media ( DXM), up 5.3%, AcelRx Pharmaceuticals ( ACRX), up 4.1%, Lydall ( LDL), up 2.2% and 3M ( MMM), up 2.0%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Icahn Ratings Report.
- Use our conglomerates section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.