Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Monsanto Company ( MON) pushed the Basic Materials sector higher today making it today's featured basic materials winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.9%. By the end of trading, Monsanto Company rose $1.19 (1.1%) to $112.59 on average volume. Throughout the day, 2,411,305 shares of Monsanto Company exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2,503,500 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $111.46-$112.92 after having opened the day at $111.84 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $111.40. Other companies within the Basic Materials sector that increased today were: Thompson Creek Metals Company ( TC), up 17.8%, Senomyx ( SNMX), up 17.2%, Pacific Ethanol ( PEIX), up 9.6% and Uranium Resources ( URRE), up 9.2%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Monsanto Company Ratings Report.
- Use our basic materials section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.