Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Trade-Ideas LLC identified Eldorado Gold ( EGO) as a "perilous reversal" (up big yesterday but down big today) candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Eldorado Gold as such a stock due to the following factors:
- EGO has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $27.8 million.
- EGO has traded 4.2 million shares today.
- EGO is down 3% today.
- EGO was up 5% yesterday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in EGO with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for EGO NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on EGO: Eldorado Gold Corporation, together with its subsidiaries, engages in the exploration, development, mining, and production of gold properties in Turkey, China, Greece, Brazil, and Romania. The company also explores for iron, silver, lead, zinc, and copper ores. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.6%. EGO has a PE ratio of 28.5. Currently there are 8 analysts that rate Eldorado Gold a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold. The average volume for Eldorado Gold has been 5.5 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Eldorado has a market cap of $4.3 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and metals & mining industry. Shares are up 10.5% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Eldorado Gold as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and expanding profit margins. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself, feeble growth in the company's earnings per share and deteriorating net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 3.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 1.9%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- EGO's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.10 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels.
- The gross profit margin for ELDORADO GOLD CORP is rather high; currently it is at 57.96%. Regardless of EGO's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 12.67% trails the industry average.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Metals & Mining industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 52.0% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $75.85 million to $36.41 million.
- Net operating cash flow has declined marginally to $120.26 million or 8.58% when compared to the same quarter last year. In conjunction, when comparing current results to the industry average, ELDORADO GOLD CORP has marginally lower results.
- You can view the full Eldorado Gold Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.