Shareholders of Inter Parfums, Inc. (IPAR - Get Report) looking to boost their income beyond the stock's 1.4% annualized dividend yield can sell the August covered call at the $35 strike and collect the premium based on the $2.15 bid, which annualizes to an additional 11% rate of return against the current stock price (at Stock Options Channel we call this the YieldBoost), for a total of 12.4% annualized rate in the scenario where the stock is not called away. Any upside above $35 would be lost if the stock rises there and is called away, but IPAR shares would have to advance 5% from current levels for that to happen, meaning that in the scenario where the stock is called, the shareholder has earned a 11.4% return from this trading level, in addition to any dividends collected before the stock was called.In general, dividend amounts are not always predictable and tend to follow the ups and downs of profitability at each company. In the case of Inter Parfums, Inc., looking at the dividend history chart for IPAR below can help in judging whether the most recent dividend is likely to continue, and in turn whether it is a reasonable expectation to expect a 1.4% annualized dividend yield. Below is a chart showing IPAR's trailing twelve month trading history, with the $35 strike highlighted in red: The chart above, and the stock's historical volatility, can be a helpful guide in combination with fundamental analysis to judge whether selling the August covered call at the $35 strike gives good reward for the risk of having given away the upside beyond $35. ( Do most options expire worthless? This and six other common options myths debunked). We calculate the trailing twelve month volatility for Inter Parfums, Inc. (considering the last 252 trading day closing values as well as today's price of $33.43) to be 32%. For other call options contract ideas at the various different available expirations, visit the IPAR Stock Options page of StockOptionsChannel.com. In mid-afternoon trading on Tuesday, the put volume among S&P 500 components was 802,264 contracts, with call volume at 1.45M, for a put:call ratio of 0.55 so far for the day. Compared to the long-term median put:call ratio of .65, that represents very high call volume relative to puts; in other words, buyers are preferring calls in options trading so far today. Find out which 15 call and put options traders are talking about today.
More from Stocks
Why Jackson Hole Should Be at the Forefront of Investors' Minds
Pay close attention to the Fed as they gather at Jackson Hole.
Boeing 737 MAX Could Be Back in the Skies by October - Report
Boeing's grounded MAX jets could be certified and back in service as early as October, sources with knowledge of the matter tell the Seattle Times.
Fed's Powell, Dow Futures, Salesforce, VMware, Peppa Pig- 5 Things You Must Know
U.S. stock futures rise ahead of a speech from Federal Reserve Chairman Jerome Powell that will be closely watched by Wall Street; Salesforce jumps after reporting second-quarter earnings that beat estimates and raising its fiscal-year guidance; VMware to buy Pivotal Software and Carbon Black; Hasbro acquires the owner of the rights to 'Peppa Pig.'