Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Trade-Ideas LLC identified Immunomedics ( IMMU) as a "dead cat bounce" (down big yesterday but up big today) candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Immunomedics as such a stock due to the following factors:
- IMMU has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $13.9 million.
- IMMU has traded 87,760 shares today.
- IMMU is up 7.4% today.
- IMMU was down 9.2% yesterday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in IMMU with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for IMMU NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on IMMU: Immunomedics, Inc., a biopharmaceutical company, focuses on the development of monoclonal antibody-based products for the targeted treatment of cancer, autoimmune, and other serious diseases. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate Immunomedics a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. The average volume for Immunomedics has been 1.2 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Immunomedics has a market cap of $430.6 million and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. The stock has a beta of 0.92 and a short float of 14.6% with 4.11 days to cover. Shares are up 32.6% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Immunomedics as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its disappointing return on equity and feeble growth in its earnings per share. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Biotechnology industry and the overall market, IMMUNOMEDICS INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- IMMUNOMEDICS INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. We feel it is likely to report a decline in earnings in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, IMMUNOMEDICS INC reported poor results of -$0.15 versus $0.00 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 93.3% in earnings (-$0.29 versus -$0.15).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Biotechnology industry. The net income increased by 41.2% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$7.38 million to -$4.34 million.
- This stock has increased by 65.49% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the future course of this stock, we feel that the risks involved in investing in IMMU do not compensate for any future upside potential, despite the fact that it has seen nice gains over the past 12 months.
- IMMU has no debt to speak of therefore resulting in a debt-to-equity ratio of zero, which we consider to be a relatively favorable sign. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 5.70, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- You can view the full Immunomedics Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.