Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Verizon Communications ( VZ) pushed the Telecommunications industry lower today making it today's featured Telecommunications laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.7%. By the end of trading, Verizon Communications fell $0.72 (-1.5%) to $47.03 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 18,652,585 shares of Verizon Communications exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 11,591,300 shares. The stock ranged in price between $46.95-$47.75 after having opened the day at $47.65 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $47.75. Other companies within the Telecommunications industry that declined today were: WPCS International ( WPCS), down 8.9%, RigNet ( RNET), down 7.9%, China TechFaith Wireless Comm Tech ( CNTF), down 7.4% and Westell Technologies ( WSTL), down 6.7%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Verizon Communications Ratings Report.
- Use our telecommunications section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.