Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. MetLife ( MET) pushed the Insurance industry lower today making it today's featured Insurance laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day down 1.0%. By the end of trading, MetLife fell $1.13 (-2.1%) to $52.97 on average volume. Throughout the day, 5,961,825 shares of MetLife exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 5,619,300 shares. The stock ranged in price between $52.88-$54.39 after having opened the day at $53.90 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $54.10. Other companies within the Insurance industry that declined today were: AmTrust Financial Services ( AFSI), down 7.7%, Phoenix Companies ( PNX), down 6.2%, National Interstate Corporation ( NATL), down 5.4% and HCI Group ( HCI), down 4.7%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full MetLife Ratings Report.
- Use our insurance section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.