Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. American Express ( AXP) pushed the Financial sector lower today making it today's featured Financial laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.5%. By the end of trading, American Express fell $1.56 (-1.8%) to $86.99 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 5,598,078 shares of American Express exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3,639,200 shares. The stock ranged in price between $86.88-$89.00 after having opened the day at $88.52 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $88.55. Other companies within the Financial sector that declined today were: Gaming and Leisure Properties ( GLPI), down 18.4%, Credit Suisse ( DGAZ), down 15.7%, American Spectrum Realty ( AQQ), down 11.8% and OptimumBank Holdings ( OPHC), down 10.0%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full American Express Ratings Report.
- Use our financial section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.