Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Ecolab ( ECL) pushed the Consumer Goods sector lower today making it today's featured Consumer Goods laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day down 1.2%. By the end of trading, Ecolab fell $2.29 (-2.2%) to $103.10 on average volume. Throughout the day, 979,338 shares of Ecolab exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 942,100 shares. The stock ranged in price between $102.90-$105.28 after having opened the day at $104.91 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $105.39. Other companies within the Consumer Goods sector that declined today were: SodaStream International ( SODA), down 26.0%, Lululemon Athletica ( LULU), down 16.6%, China New Borun Corporation ( BORN), down 12.2% and Verso Paper ( VRS), down 10.4%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Ecolab Ratings Report.
- Use our consumer goods section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.