Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Agnico Eagle Mines ( AEM) pushed the Metals & Mining industry higher today making it today's featured metals & mining winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.9%. By the end of trading, Agnico Eagle Mines rose $1.36 (5.0%) to $28.62 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 3,470,875 shares of Agnico Eagle Mines exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2,072,500 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $27.30-$28.65 after having opened the day at $27.44 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $27.26. Other companies within the Metals & Mining industry that increased today were: Fortuna Silver Mines ( FSM), up 13.4%, Rubicon Minerals ( RBY), up 10.9%, Timmins Gold ( TGD), up 10.4% and Iamgold ( IAG), up 9.4%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Agnico Eagle Mines Ratings Report.
- Use our metals & mining section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.