Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Alnylam Pharmaceuticals ( ALNY) pushed the Health Care sector higher today making it today's featured health care winner. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.1%. By the end of trading, Alnylam Pharmaceuticals rose $27.07 (40.9%) to $93.28 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 5,330,206 shares of Alnylam Pharmaceuticals exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 667,700 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $84.76-$112.57 after having opened the day at $85.36 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $66.21. Other companies within the Health Care sector that increased today were: IsoRay ( ISR), up 75.6%, Rexahn Pharmaceuticals ( RNN), up 40.4%, Oragenics ( OGEN), up 32.4% and Hemispherx Biopharma ( HEB), up 24.1%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Alnylam Pharmaceuticals Ratings Report.
- Use our health care section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.