Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Beam ( BEAM) pushed the Food & Beverage industry higher today making it today's featured food & beverage winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.8%. By the end of trading, Beam rose $16.45 (24.6%) to $83.42 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 36,096,957 shares of Beam exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 680,300 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $82.98-$83.61 after having opened the day at $83.44 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $66.97. Other companies within the Food & Beverage industry that increased today were: Truett-Hurst Inc Class A ( THST), up 7.3%, Castle Brands Incorporated ( ROX), up 6.6%, American Lorain ( ALN), up 4.9% and Crumbs Bake Shop ( CRMB), up 4.9%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Beam Ratings Report.
- Use our food & beverage section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.