Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Merck ( MRK) pushed the Drugs industry higher today making it today's featured drugs winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.1%. By the end of trading, Merck rose $3.24 (6.5%) to $53.12 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 37,150,422 shares of Merck exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 12,248,500 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $50.79-$53.44 after having opened the day at $50.90 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $49.88. Other companies within the Drugs industry that increased today were: Alnylam Pharmaceuticals ( ALNY), up 40.9%, Rexahn Pharmaceuticals ( RNN), up 40.4%, Oragenics ( OGEN), up 32.4% and Hemispherx Biopharma ( HEB), up 24.1%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Merck Ratings Report.
- Use our drugs section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.