Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Hewlett-Packard ( HPQ) pushed the Computer Hardware industry higher today making it today's featured computer hardware winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.9%. By the end of trading, Hewlett-Packard rose $0.42 (1.5%) to $28.12 on average volume. Throughout the day, 19,639,954 shares of Hewlett-Packard exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 14,877,900 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $27.70-$28.79 after having opened the day at $27.71 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $27.70. Other companies within the Computer Hardware industry that increased today were: Nimble Storage ( NMBL), up 9.4%, Juniper Networks ( JNPR), up 7.6%, Acorn Energy ( ACFN), up 2.9% and Lantronix ( LTRX), up 2.9%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Hewlett-Packard Ratings Report.
- Use our computer hardware section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.