- KBR has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $51.5 million.
- KBR is down 3.2% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in KBR with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for KBR NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on KBR: KBR, Inc. operates as an engineering, construction, and services company worldwide. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1%. KBR has a PE ratio of 20.5. Currently there are 8 analysts that rate KBR a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold. The average volume for KBR has been 1.8 million shares per day over the past 30 days. KBR has a market cap of $4.8 billion and is part of the services sector and diversified services industry. The stock has a beta of 2.07 and a short float of 3% with 2.37 days to cover. Shares are down 0.7% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates KBR as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its increase in net income, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and good cash flow from operations. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that the company's profit margins have been poor overall. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Construction & Engineering industry. The net income increased by 129.6% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$81.00 million to $24.00 million.
- KBR's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.03 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. To add to this, KBR has a quick ratio of 1.60, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- KBR INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, KBR INC reported lower earnings of $0.96 versus $3.16 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.55 versus $0.96).
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. When compared to other companies in the Construction & Engineering industry and the overall market, KBR INC's return on equity is below that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for KBR INC is currently extremely low, coming in at 12.30%. Regardless of KBR's low profit margin, it has managed to increase from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 1.34% trails the industry average.
- You can view the full KBR Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.