Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Independent Power Producers & Energy Traders industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 81.3% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from -$1.66 million to -$3.01 million.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to $11.96 million or 52.02% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- Current return on equity exceeded its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of strength within the company. Compared to other companies in the Independent Power Producers & Energy Traders industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, CHINA HYDROELECTRIC CORP-ADR underperformed against that of the industry average and is significantly less than that of the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for CHINA HYDROELECTRIC CORP-ADR is currently very high, coming in at 85.31%. Regardless of CHC's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, CHC's net profit margin of -18.37% significantly underperformed when compared to the industry average.
- CHC, with its decline in revenue, underperformed when compared the industry average of 6.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues fell by 18.7%. The declining revenue appears to have seeped down to the company's bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: CHC Ratings Report