- CCK has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $40.2 million.
- CCK has traded 923,617 shares today.
- CCK traded in a range 220.2% of the normal price range with a price range of $1.18.
- CCK traded below its daily resistance level (quality: 25 days, meaning that the stock is crossing a resistance level set by the last 25 calendar days. The resistance price is defined by the Price - $0.01 at the time of the signal).
Stocks matching the 'Water-Logged and Getting Wetter' criteria are worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and volatility. Trade-Ideas targets these opportunities because the stock is exhibiting an unusual behavior while displaying negative price action. In this case, the stock crossed an important inflection point; namely, "support" while at the same time the range of the stock's movement in price is twice its normal size. This large range foreshadows a possible continuation as the stock moves lower. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in CCK with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for CCK NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on CCK: Crown Holdings, Inc. engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of packaging products for consumer goods worldwide. CCK has a PE ratio of 20.7. Currently there are 7 analysts that rate Crown Holdings a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold. The average volume for Crown Holdings has been 1.3 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Crown has a market cap of $6.2 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector and consumer non-durables industry. The stock has a beta of 1.06 and a short float of 0.7% with 0.98 days to cover. Shares are up 0.1% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Crown Holdings as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, good cash flow from operations and increase in stock price during the past year. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including deteriorating net income, poor profit margins and feeble growth in the company's earnings per share. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- CCK's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 3.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 3.8%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Compared to where it was 12 months ago, the stock is up, but it has so far lagged the appreciation in the S&P 500. Despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year, there is currently no conclusive evidence that warrants the purchase or sale of this stock.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Containers & Packaging industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 68.9% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $325.00 million to $101.00 million.
- The gross profit margin for CROWN HOLDINGS INC is rather low; currently it is at 17.92%. It has decreased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 4.22% trails that of the industry average.
- You can view the full Crown Holdings Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.