Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Trade-Ideas LLC identified Xylem ( XYL) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Xylem as such a stock due to the following factors:
- XYL has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $24.7 million.
- XYL has traded 33,741 shares today.
- XYL is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in XYL with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for XYL NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on XYL: Xylem Inc. engages in the design, manufacture, and application of engineered technologies for water and wastewater applications. The company operates in two segments, Water Infrastructure and Applied Water. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.4%. XYL has a PE ratio of 27.5. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate Xylem a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 8 rate it a hold. The average volume for Xylem has been 1.3 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Xylem has a market cap of $6.4 billion and is part of the industrial goods sector and industrial industry. The stock has a beta of 1.05 and a short float of 1.5% with 5.28 days to cover. Shares are down 0.3% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Xylem as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, solid stock price performance, increase in net income and growth in earnings per share. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 21.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 3.6%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.56, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. To add to this, XYL has a quick ratio of 1.54, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- Compared to where it was 12 months ago, this stock has enjoyed a nice rise of 27.78% which was in line with the performance of the S&P 500 Index. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, XYL should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the Machinery industry average, but is less than that of the S&P 500. The net income increased by 1.4% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $72.00 million to $73.00 million.
- XYLEM INC's earnings per share improvement from the most recent quarter was slightly positive. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past year. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, XYLEM INC increased its bottom line by earning $1.59 versus $0.70 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.63 versus $1.59).
- You can view the full Xylem Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.