- JBHT has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $43.9 million.
- JBHT has traded 5,228 shares today.
- JBHT is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in JBHT with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for JBHT NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on JBHT: J.B. Hunt Transport Services, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, provides transportation and delivery services in the continental United States, Canada, and Mexico. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0.8%. JBHT has a PE ratio of 27.6. Currently there are 10 analysts that rate J.B. Hunt Transport Services a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 8 rate it a hold. The average volume for J.B. Hunt Transport Services has been 712,500 shares per day over the past 30 days. J.B. Hunt Transport Services has a market cap of $9.1 billion and is part of the services sector and transportation industry. The stock has a beta of 1.07 and a short float of 3.3% with 5.40 days to cover. Shares are up 0.2% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates J.B. Hunt Transport Services as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, growth in earnings per share, increase in net income, solid stock price performance and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- JBHT's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 2.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 10.8%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- HUNT (JB) TRANSPRT SVCS INC has improved earnings per share by 15.4% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, HUNT (JB) TRANSPRT SVCS INC increased its bottom line by earning $2.59 versus $2.11 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.89 versus $2.59).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the Road & Rail industry average, but is less than that of the S&P 500. The net income increased by 14.4% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $78.24 million to $89.47 million.
- Compared to where it was 12 months ago, this stock has enjoyed a nice rise of 26.31% which was in line with the performance of the S&P 500 Index. We feel that the stock's sharp appreciation over the last year has driven it to a price level which is now somewhat expensive compared to the rest of its industry. The other strengths this company shows, however, justify the higher price levels.
- JBHT's debt-to-equity ratio of 0.70 is somewhat low overall, but it is high when compared to the industry average, implying that the management of the debt levels should be evaluated further. Regardless of the somewhat mixed results with the debt-to-equity ratio, the company's quick ratio of 0.86 is weak.
- You can view the full J.B. Hunt Transport Services Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.