Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Trade-Ideas LLC identified Columbia Sportswear Company ( COLM) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Columbia Sportswear Company as such a stock due to the following factors:
- COLM has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $9.0 million.
- COLM has traded 2,103 shares today.
- COLM is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in COLM with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for COLM NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on COLM: Columbia Sportswear Company, together with its subsidiaries, engages in the design, development, sourcing, marketing, and distribution of outdoor apparel, footwear, accessories, and equipment in the United States, Latin America, the Asia Pacific, Europe, the Middle East, Africa, and Canada. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.3%. COLM has a PE ratio of 28.1. Currently there are no analysts that rate Columbia Sportswear Company a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 6 rate it a hold. The average volume for Columbia Sportswear Company has been 77,000 shares per day over the past 30 days. Columbia has a market cap of $2.7 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector and consumer non-durables industry. The stock has a beta of 1.25 and a short float of 11.5% with 13.30 days to cover. Shares are up 0.6% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Columbia Sportswear Company as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, expanding profit margins and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat weak growth in earnings per share. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, COLM's share price has jumped by 50.02%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, COLM should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- COLM has no debt to speak of therefore resulting in a debt-to-equity ratio of zero, which we consider to be a relatively favorable sign. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 2.52, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- 45.25% is the gross profit margin for COLUMBIA SPORTSWEAR CO which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 10.28% is above that of the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to -$111.98 million or 13.37% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of -35.98%.
- COLM, with its decline in revenue, underperformed when compared the industry average of 18.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 3.4%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- You can view the full Columbia Sportswear Company Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.